Tuesday, December 31, 2013

{Gallery Walls}

I was not gifted with the talent of interior design or grouping. It was one of the talents that was not included in my art and creativity genes. With that being said, it has taken me a long time to place anything on my walls because (a) I had no idea what to hang on them and (b) see above disclaimer.

Over Christmas I received several gifts that would require me to face this fear and learn to group and create gallery walls in my home. Here are my two new walls that are not quite complete -

 The artwork on the left was gifted to me by a former student and it hangs above my small desk. On the opposite wall I placed the "It is well…" sign, the red cross and my new print from Pen & Paint. I think I  want to add a wooden initial and maybe another cross and ampersand to this area.


These frames are hung above the TV in my living space on the wall that is adjacent to the staircase. I need two more small frames to add to this area and I think it will be complete.


Once my sister saw them, she said we needed to start her one on the wall adjacent to her stairs. Here is the beginning of her gallery wall. We plan to add a family photo of them and also another cross in the coming weeks.


Overall, I am pretty happy with the ways these walls are taking shape. I have to admit I did google gallery walls and take ideas from photos posted on Pinterest since I had no idea what I was doing trying to group these objects.

Do you have a gallery wall in your home? 

Thanks for stopping by! 

1 comment:

  1. I have one but I'm thinking of re-doing it. I'm not thrilled with it! I like yours though!

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Disqus

Related Posts with Thumbnails